Inbound students Study Abroad and Exchange at the University of Melbourne
Study Abroad or Exchange?
Both programs involve studying away from your home institution for one or two semesters, but there are important differences between the programs.
- Your home institution must be a University of Melbourne partner through a formal exchange agreement
- You must be nominated for the program by the exchange coordinator of your home institution
- The University of Melbourne must accept your application
- If selected, you remain enrolled with your home institution
- You continue to pay your home institution fees
- The academic program you undertake may be credited towards your degree as per the formal agreement between the two institutions.
Study Abroad program
If your home institution does not have a formal exchange agreement with the University of Melbourne, or if the exchange numbers are unevenly balanced, you can apply to participate in the Study Abroad program.
- You can study at the University of Melbourne for one or two semesters
- You will pay fees to the University of Melbourne
- You must gain approval from your home institution's Study Abroad advisor regarding credit for your University of Melbourne academic program
- You may apply directly to the University of Melbourne or through one of our Overseas representatives.
If you are a current University of Melbourne student wishing to go on exchange, visit the Melbourne Global Mobility outbound students website.