Inbound students Study Abroad and Exchange at the University of Melbourne
Universitas 21 Summer School
The U21 Health Sciences Summer School will run from 2-13 July 2018 and will be hosted by Lund University.
2018 U21 Health Sciences Summer School
The U21HS Summer School is not for credit
Theme: Climate Change and Global Health
Dates: 2 - 13 July 2018
Venue: Lund University
The Summer School will be two weeks in length, providing an opportunity for 10 days of face-to-face learning and field trips. Students will be assigned to a team, which they will work with for the duration of the Summer School. Each team will be required to work on different cases which they will present to their peers and to a group of teachers/experts. We will offer a range of learning opportunities including both didactic lectures and lectures on line. Didactic lectures will provide essential information on the structure and objectives of the Summer School, an introduction to the effects of climate change on global health.
In between these lecture-style learning opportunities, students will engage in a range of team-based activities in the form of workshops, short presentations, self-directed learning, as well as field trips. We will engage national experts in relevant areas as lecturers, workshop facilitators and mentors.
The course consists of one main case and four sub cases:
- Health from a Rights and Sustainability Perspective - 2 week programme
- The Environment – a prerequisite for life - 2 days
- Migration due to Climate Change - 2 days
- Urban Environments and Health - 2 days
- WaSH – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - 2 days
Information online at http://u21health.org/summer-school-2018/
How to Apply
- Undergraduate students who have completed their first year of undergraduate study.
- Students from dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, midwifery, nutrition, medicine, public health, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, audiology, optometry.
- Cost of Program: $800 USD per student participant which includes: accommodation, transport for excursions, catering (breakfast, lunch during weekdays, morning and afternoon tea during weekdays, and some dinners), cultural activities, registration, certification and materials.
- Student participants are responsible for costs for lunch during the weekend, some dinners and other costs including airfare to and from Lund, ground transport to and from the airport, visas, insurance and any other associated costs.
- One scholarship, valued at $700 is available. Students may apply for this scholarship on the main summer school application form. Students will be informed if they have been selected for this scholarship shortly after their acceptance to the program has been disseminated. Students will be selected for the scholarships by representatives of the U21 HSG and Lund University.
- Students contact their home institution U21 HS Summer School contact, Jasmine Lim (email@example.com) to receive the application form.
- Students complete the application form and submit it to their home institution, together with the required supporting documentation by Sunday, 25th February 2018.
- Each institution will select up to 5 students and submit their nominees’ applications to Lund University by Monday 5 March, 2018.
- Students will be informed if they have been selected by Friday 23 March 2018.
- Students who have been selected for the Scholarship will be informed by Friday 30 March 2018.
- Students must confirm their participation by Friday 20 April 2018.
For queries about the Summer School programme, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.u21health.org/summer-school-2018 for more information.
Download the application package here.